For our members who may not know that PA offers this additional benefit –
Keystone PVA was involved in the rewrite of the legislation making this legislation possible and continuing to make it available for paralyzed vets who qualify.
Keystone PVA was involved in eliminating the wartime service requirement.
The Keystone Paralyzed Veterans have advocated for increasing this amount.
Let us know if you weren’t aware of this pension, and/or if you have any problem applying.
Keystone Chapter, Paralyzed Veterans of America
1113 Main Street, Pittsburgh PA 15215-2407
Office: 412-781-2474 www.kpva.org
This $150.00 stipend is offered to all PA veterans who are service connected. The war time service requirement no longer exists.
This link takes you to the PA Department of Military and Veterans Affairs (DMVA) and provides information for this and other veteran benefits.
Veteran’s eligibility criteria:
- Resident of Pennsylvania upon entering the military
- Received Honorable or Under Honorable Conditions discharge
- Suffered a service-connected injury or incurred a disease resulting in the loss or loss of use of two or more extremities (arms/hands or legs/feet).
- At least a 40% disability rating compensation rating or higher in each limb as determined and certified by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Where to apply?
Contact the County Veterans Affairs Director in the county you reside to apply for this program.
- What documentation is needed to apply?
- Need a copy of last military service DD214
- Proof of Pennsylvania residency upon entering the military
- United States Department of Veterans Affairs Code Sheet